Monday, January 14, 2008

What lies beneath the number?

Lucky or unlucky numbers are seemed to be different for different invidual or different culture (Infact, in this article, I prefer to use the term "good" or "bad" numbers instead). Moreover, in my opinion, there may be the underlying meaning of the number in Bible. Let me show the story.

3 - "Unity" --> Trinity
7 - "completeness" --> The universe was created completely in 7 days
12 - "Authority" --> The number twelve ussually has something to do with governing: the 12 clans of Israel, the 12 disciples of Jesus.
40 - "Growth" "Development" "Maturity" Many men of God are changed within 40 days
  • Moses went up on Sinai Mt. for 40 days
  • Jesus fasted for 40 days before starting the mission
  • etc.

666 - "Satan" - Accordingt to Revelation 13:17-18

It's so paradoxical that the number "13," in which many people misbelieved, is never cited in the Holy Bible!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very different to Joy's post on this question. Mine had more in common with Joy's.

The Bible based details you've assembled here are interesting. I thought the most interesing is the first one, that three symbolizes unity. Why not one? I can understand the reasoning when I think about the Christian concept of the Trinity, but it still seems odd to me. I wonder what others think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home